The best 5 beaches of Ammouliani
We took the chance to introduce you an informing article about the best beaches in the island of Ammouliani. Most of them are fully organized with Beach bars, WC, Canteens, boats to rent and watersports.
1. Saint George. It is located on the northeast coast of the island where you can also see Ouranoupoli which is across the beach. The name is taken from a small church of St.George that is near the beach which is worthy visiting. As you continue across the street you will find some taverns which are high rated for their delicious seafood.
2. Alykes. It’s the most common destination in Ammouliani which include 3 beach bars and 2 Canteens and water sports. The beach is located on the south coast of the island and it has approximately 1km length. Its famous for its crystal blue-green water.
3. Karagatsia. Located on the south side of Ammouliani. In fact it is located next to alykes but if you want to reach the beach you have to take another road which drives you threw the southwest side of the island where you can find more deserted beaches . Some of those have access only if you rent a boat and sail by sea. Karagatsia beach is quite including 1 canteen with fast food, soft drinks and more…
4. Megali Ammos. Located on the east edge of Ammouliani Island . It’s the farthest beach from the village and its near the complex of drenia or Gaidouronisia (Donkey Islands). Megali Ammos includes one large beach bar, watersports and taverns with delicious and fresh seafood.
5. Drenia or Donkey Islands. As I mentioned before, Drenia is a complex of small deserted islands where you can reach them by boat and organize a camping with your friends or your family. Also the largest island includes 2 beach bars and 1 tavern.